Sound stops when screen off

morfeasss_

Prominent
Feb 3, 2018
My pc turns off sound from media players when i turn my screen off..i use speakers connect in sound card but when i close the screen music stop...plz help

Colif

Win 11 Master
so speakers aren't attached to monitor directly as that will cause them to turn off if screen does.

Is sound onboard motherboard or an actual sound card? If motherboard, do you know which one you have?

Is this the same for when you set the screen off mode to never? I recall seeing a while ago that if you use the webplayer through Microsoft Edge you can circumvent the issue (don't quote me on that one though!)

After a bit of digging it appear to be an issue with the Spotify API and windows 10, which again would suggest the webplayer option might work.
I've also found this idea you can add kudos too so the developers can have a look at it.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Windows-10-Spotify-stops-playing-when-Screen-turns-dark/td-p/1707402

morfeasss_

Prominent
Feb 3, 2018
no its on mb, i have asus z270f gaming, my problem is that i like to sleep with something to hear like movie or series and when i open my player (bs player, gom, vlc, sm player) and closes the screen (lg tv) after few sec sounds stops..
fyi, i have change power save options to high perfomance and didnt work

Colif

Win 11 Master
is screen set to never turn off in power settings? the quote above leads me to suspect if its set to never it should keep audio on.

do you reduce the apps on screen or just turn monitor off?

The only answer I've found so far is not an ideal one, and it confirms the suspicion I had previously expressed. If I go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power and set the CSEnabled key to 0 - the problem goes away. Of course, I also lose the ability to have the tablet go to sleep at all - but under the circumstances it's a tradeoff I'm willing to make.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/display-off-takes-all-audio-with-it-in-windows-10/98d4f468-e4de-4701-8502-f58c7354fccd?auth=1

morfeasss_

Prominent
Feb 3, 2018
no i have set it to 1hour, nop i just close the sceen, i just put the screen to never off and it works, sound keep playing when i close the screen, finally i can sleeeepp hahahaha, thanks you so much !