Question Soundbar arc/cec Causing hdmi signal loss help needed

rwh531

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2008
Using Vizio Tv as a computer monitor with a Samsung soundbar connected via arc/cec . I often mute the soundbar, and it automatically shuts itself off after a while, the problem being when I turn the soundbar back on manually I lose the hdmi signal to the computer "comes back instantly if I shut the soundbar back off otherwise I got to restart the computer. simply turning the tv off/on does not work. I could easily switch to an optic or 3.5mm connection, but I do rather enjoy the benefits of the Arc connection.

Using Vizio Tv as a computer monitor with a Samsung soundbar connected via arc/cec . I often mute the soundbar, and it automatically shuts itself off after a while, the problem being when I turn the soundbar back on manually I lose the hdmi signal to the computer "comes back instantly if I shut the soundbar back off otherwise I got to restart the computer. simply turning the tv off/on does not work. I could easily switch to an optic or 3.5mm connection, but I do rather enjoy the benefits of the Arc connection.
Connect the PC to the TV.

but I do rather enjoy the benefits of the Arc connection.
Since the system does not work the way you need it to work I fail to understand what benefit the Arc connection provides. Since there's no metal to metal contact an optical connection is always preferable to hdmi. Perhaps a sketch of you entire system would help us understand what you are trying to achieve.

D

Deleted member 14196

The Tv is connected to the Pc on hdmi-4 Soundbar is on hdmi-2/arc.
Soundbar should be hooked by an audio optical cable to the television not through HDMI and don’t use the cec it’s a piece of crap for these exact reasons

rwh531

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2008
Since the system does not work the way you need it to work I fail to understand what benefit the Arc connection provides. Since there's no metal to metal contact an optical connection is always preferable to hdmi. Perhaps a sketch of you entire system would help us understand what you are trying to achieve.

Every bit of research I've done online says hdmi is preferable but honestly It doesnt matter much to me as it's a soundbar missing the rear satellites for the 5.1 so sound quality isnt so important. I just wanted the Arc because the soundbar will automatically turn on with the Tv.