[SOLVED] Soundblaster AE-5 plus not detected

NCPatriot

Reputable
Aug 3, 2017
I've had this card for about a year and have always had problems. Anytime I would shut down, restart, or put the computer to sleep the card would no longer be detected. I've done all the "fixes" (ie. switch PCI-E slots, reinstall drivers and app, unplug device, and turn off onboard sound) dozens of times. Generally it is detected after run the fixes 2-3 times. Now I've done all the fixes 6 times today and it still doesn't work any ideas?

Solution
Looks like this is a common problem with the card. The drivers and/or hardware might be garbage.

If a piece of hardware gives you constant issues, you should have returned it for replacement or refund.

If you can, you could try installing it in a different PC and see if the behavior follows the card just to rule out a PC-specific quirk.

InvalidError

Titan
Looks like this is a common problem with the card. The drivers and/or hardware might be garbage.

If a piece of hardware gives you constant issues, you should have returned it for replacement or refund.

If you can, you could try installing it in a different PC and see if the behavior follows the card just to rule out a PC-specific quirk.

Solution

NCPatriot

Reputable
Aug 3, 2017
I'll probably try that but I'm wondering if it could be my system as well. I got the NVIDIA NU Pro 7.1 a few months back and it wouldn't detect either but the AE-5 did when I put it back in so I sent the Nvidia back. I only kept this because my audio without it is awful.

D

Deleted member 14196

I never bother with sound cards if I need more power I get a USB AMP/DAC

The drivers for sound blaster are horrible