Soundblaster Audigy 2 (not audigy 2 zx) sound card not working /w windows 10

Hillybobilly

Reputable
Oct 22, 2016
The card worked at one point, but now doesn't. I don't think it's even supposed to work with windows 10, but it did before, at least, partly. My motherboard is a 760GMA-P34(FX).

What I've already done:
I've reset CMOS.
I've re-seated the sound card multiple times, and after each time, i tried to install the drivers from the official creative page, but it says a compatible card isn't detected. When I look in device manager, I see "PCI Input Device" in the "Other Devices" box, so i know it's connected.
I've disabled the onboard sound in bios.

I'm not sure what else to do, but i'm pretty sure the card just cant be dead.

No rush.

make sure you reinstall the windows 10 chipset drivers for the mb to rule out a damaged driver.
https://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy4&os=Windows%2010%20-%2064

make sure on soundblaster web page you got the right beta driver there no full version driver for windows 10. you may have to look at the pci id info to get the right driver. or use one of the older cards driver to get sound back. if the card a dell sound card only dell drivers will work.

Hillybobilly

Reputable
Oct 22, 2016
I installed a version of KX, and sound comes out, but the mixer doesnt work properly, I get "Error Intilizing WindowsMM subsystem" or something like that. Sound comes out though. I'll give you the hardware ID.