Status
Not open for further replies.

GuemmelGuenni

Commendable
Jan 29, 2020
So my G930 is slowly dying, went for it beause i love the wireless feature, but i came from using a soundcard and even after 4 years i still kinda miss the spectrum of sound i got from a soundcard&headset combo.
So i dont care about the wireless feature anymore, just give me decent sound!

So my actual Question would be:
What Soundcard should i pair with Headphones? (350€ to spend, round about)
Also is there a real option for a Headset insted of Headphones? if not, any Mic you prefer? im talking in Discord and Teamspeak a lot.

Still have a Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro PCIe laying around here, guess thats not fulfilling the needs anymore?

An example for use:
In Tarkov i´m not able to hear even half of the stuff my teammates are hearing even though we wear the same gear.
Music shouldnt sound too bad aswell, kinda love music.

Or should I even go for a DAC/Amp?

Thx in advance.

System to be paired with:

Z370-E with Win10 64bit

Hi-Fi(Onkyo TX-SR333) is connected to computer aswell, at the moment via optical-in into the MB directly

tl;dr: ~350€ for new Headset & Soundcard, what to choose

Last edited:
Solution
...I would get a good pair of cans and a ModMic...
fully agree, for gaming / movies you don't really have to go overkill IMHO and the entry-level studio / audiophile cans are more than sufficient. I am using the Samson SR850 with a Zalman ZM-Mic1, has a surprising amount of bass kick for semi-open cans and the wide sound stage gives virtual surround much more depth (e.g. sounds are "around" you vs "in your head" with closed-back). Combined with a Sound Blaster Play!3 which completely eliminated my mic hiss from my on-board realtek, and I highly prefer the SBX surround which you should be familiar with on your card)

I actually prefer it over the HyperX Revolvers I got for both of my kids, which uses a vented bass...
D

Deleted member 14196

I would get a good pair of cans and a ModMic and a Mayflower ARC DAC/AMP. It has integrated mic and it’s fantastic

D

Deleted member 14196

so you want clarity and wide sound-stage? not heavier bass? what types of music do you prefer to listen to? other audiophiles here can answer this after you describe to us the music you play a lot and other requirements, such as closed or open back?

so many questions to answer correctly

...I would get a good pair of cans and a ModMic...
fully agree, for gaming / movies you don't really have to go overkill IMHO and the entry-level studio / audiophile cans are more than sufficient. I am using the Samson SR850 with a Zalman ZM-Mic1, has a surprising amount of bass kick for semi-open cans and the wide sound stage gives virtual surround much more depth (e.g. sounds are "around" you vs "in your head" with closed-back). Combined with a Sound Blaster Play!3 which completely eliminated my mic hiss from my on-board realtek, and I highly prefer the SBX surround which you should be familiar with on your card)

I actually prefer it over the HyperX Revolvers I got for both of my kids, which uses a vented bass port (gives it a semi-open back, with slightly less sound stage than "real" semi-open cans like the sr850).

Solution
Jan 30, 2020
Sound Blaster AE-5 and maybe a Sennheiser HD 6xx from Massdrop. That'll blow your wig.
I personally used that setup and it was amazing, but later got a Topping D10 DAC + Jds Labs O2 headphone Amp, and an Audeze LCD-2 for music.

GuemmelGuenni

Commendable
Jan 29, 2020
I personally use a Creative G5 DAC/AMP, Beyerdynamic DT990 headphones and Samson Meteor mic. I also have a Modmic when using with PS4

Kinda fiddling with the dr990 aswell, have you tried the tygr & fox bundle of beyerdyn? seems like legit combo and there is a lot of positive review, but i dont like that they are so low on ohm actually

Status
Not open for further replies.