: Soundcard/Speaker set up problem

G

Just returned my Xgamer card for a Philips Acoustic Edge card after reading all the glowing reviews. However, Im having some problems getting my speakers setup.
I have Boston Acoustics BA735 digital speakers. Says on their webpage that these speakers use "audio input is by way of a digital S/PDIF" Phillips card has a S/PDIF cable. But the only cable coming out of my speakers is at the opposite end of the digital in cord and it doesnt seem to fit into any of the jacks on the S/PDIF cable.

Dont know much about soundcards and speakers. Is there some sort of incompatability with this card and digital speakers (mine in particular). Do I need an adapter or am I missing something stupid?

This is giving me a headache, any help is greatly appreciated.

Forgot to add: got them to work on the Xgamer by checking some "digital speaker only" box or something like that.

G

I talked to Philips about a problem that I am having. Can't play wav files. I asked him about digital speakers because the ones I have are crap and like you I don't know much about sound cards. He mentioned that you need a seperate ac3 decoder for digital speakers. I thought that would be built into the speakers, but he assured me that no it was not. Shows you how much I know. If you figure it out let me know other wise I will be buying analog speakers. Have you tried playing wav files?