Question Soundproofing an apartment

alexanderwe6

Honorable
Aug 15, 2017
I'm moving into an apartment complex sometime this week, and I have one of those "piercing voices" but i am unsure how the landlady will feel about my plan to foam the walls of my room, what are some things i can do (besides the obvious being quieter) that I can do to help alleviate some of the noise.

I recently picked up open backed headphones, and I think that really helped me hear myself, but I am unsure that its enough.

kanewolf

Titan
I'm moving into an apartment complex sometime this week, and I have one of those "piercing voices" but i am unsure how the landlady will feel about my plan to foam the walls of my room, what are some things i can do (besides the obvious being quieter) that I can do to help alleviate some of the noise.

I recently picked up open backed headphones, and I think that really helped me hear myself, but I am unsure that its enough.
Hang heavy quilts on the walls. Thick rugs. Add weatherstripping around the door.

Jan 14, 2020
"besides the obvious being quieter" made me lol. pls update us if anything works for you as i am looking for an alternative to using those foam things like a youtuber