Sounds are playing through microphone

Aug 19, 2018
My friends noticed that they can hear my game sounds so I went and recorded my microphone and played a Youtube video at the same time, and it picked the video up.

The first thing I did was disabling Stereomix and unchecking "Listen to this Device" but it still didn't help.Then I tried plugging my headset from the backpanel to the frontpanel but it still didn't make a difference. In the back I tried using it with a splitter and in the front without. I tried updating all my drivers.I went to communications and I checked "Mute all other sounds". I tried using Voicemeeter but this all didn't help. And I also thought that my microphone was too sensitive and was picking the sounds coming from my headset so I tried putting something over my microphone to block the sounds but it still picked up the sounds perfectly

My headphones are the Razer Kraken Pro

Solution
Are you able to right-click the small speaker icon usually located in the lower right screen corner?

If so take a look at Record devices and Playback devices. Drill down through all of the windows, tabs, properties, and buttons.

And/or you can use "WIN" + "I" > Sound to access audio related functions/configuration settings.

Run any applicable troubleshooters that you find.

Ralston18

Titan
Are you able to right-click the small speaker icon usually located in the lower right screen corner?

If so take a look at Record devices and Playback devices. Drill down through all of the windows, tabs, properties, and buttons.

And/or you can use "WIN" + "I" > Sound to access audio related functions/configuration settings.

Run any applicable troubleshooters that you find.

Solution