Sounds Blaster Audigy 2

dc10nc

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
I just recently updated my driver, and for whatever reason, when i go into the Play control by clicking on the speaker icon next to the clock on the lower right part of the screen, I make the changes i want, but as soon as I click out, the settings go right back to default. Id like to know why it does not save my setting when I close the window. Also, for some reason, Microphone boost will not stay checked once I select it.

terr281

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
My old Pentium 4 machine had an Audigy 2 ZS, I had nothing but problems out of it...

The only way I ever found to correct the majority of them was to completely uninstall the drivers and reinstall using the original ones that came with the card. (Nothing new...PERIOD.)

Any and all new sets of drivers I ever tried to download and use would not work correctly "in one way or another" in the Win XP 32 bit Home system.

With my experience, I would tell you to uninstall the drivers, reboot, and try to reinstall again.

If that doesn't work, install the version that you were originally using...and don't worry about upgrading. (Sorry if not more helpful, but as I said...my experience with the card was horrible.)

There is a reason I started using MB onboard sound again...

jeffredo

Distinguished
Late post, so hopefully it will still help you. Go into Speakers Settings for your Audigy and tick "synchronize with control panel". There's also a Audigy 2 support package on Creative's forums that uses the most recent drivers and fixes the old peripheral apps from the install CD (mixer, EQ, speaker settings, etc...) to work with them. This guy's third party compilations are the only thing that keeps me from yanking my Audigy 2 Value out of my PC.

http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/board/message?board.id=soundblaster&thread.id=135324