SP players 8 item drop chances?

I've been playing single player in my quest to find every set and unique
item in the game. I've just found in the drop calculator in ATMA V, that the
chances increase with multiple players.
My question is, if I set "Players 8" - will this increase the chances for
me, or do I need to have 8 physical players in the game to get the better
drop chance (i have noticed that players 8 doesn't give you higher drops
from chests and such)
thx
adam

Hi,

"Adam Sawyer" <sawyeraj@iinet.net.au> wrote in

> I've been playing single player in my quest to find every set and
> unique item in the game. I've just found in the drop calculator in
> ATMA V, that the chances increase with multiple players.
> My question is, if I set "Players 8" - will this increase the chances
> for me, or do I need to have 8 physical players in the game to get the
> better drop chance (i have noticed that players 8 doesn't give you
> higher drops from chests and such)

it's the point of /players 8 that you don't need other players in your
game.

More drops and experience, but monster life also grows. So be aware that
the baddies are much tougher to kill with that setting.

Regards,

Oliver

IIRC, quantity of drops maxes at 5 players. so players 5 would be the
highest for having "additional" items drop per kill.

Adam Sawyer wrote:
> I've been playing single player in my quest to find every set and unique
> item in the game. I've just found in the drop calculator in ATMA V, that the
> chances increase with multiple players.
> My question is, if I set "Players 8" - will this increase the chances for
> me, or do I need to have 8 physical players in the game to get the better
> drop chance (i have noticed that players 8 doesn't give you higher drops
> from chests and such)
> thx
> adam

thx ppl
i've worked it out now, with some trial and error
strange, my original post didn't appear, only your replies
thx
adam