SP2 and Microsoft Fax.....

Is there (I expect) a known bug with this? Never had a problem with faxing
or receiving until I installed SP2. I don't use their firewall as I have my
own and has worked fine until now.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please? Probably asked a dozen
times before but haven't had the cause to read about it before now.

TIA.

Kathy

---

"itwasntme" <itwasntme@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote:

>Is there (I expect) a known bug with this? Never had a problem with faxing
>or receiving until I installed SP2. I don't use their firewall as I have my
>own and has worked fine until now.

No bug known here. Fax works well on this computer. You may want to
tell us more about the problem. To find out if the SP is the problem,
deinstall it and test the Fax Console again.

--
(tm)

"Thorsten Matzner" <tmatzner@gmx.net> wrote in message
> "itwasntme" <itwasntme@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>Is there (I expect) a known bug with this? Never had a problem with
>>faxing
>>or receiving until I installed SP2. I don't use their firewall as I have
>>my
>>own and has worked fine until now.
>
> No bug known here. Fax works well on this computer. You may want to
> tell us more about the problem. To find out if the SP is the problem,
> deinstall it and test the Fax Console again.
>
> --
> (tm)

Thanks have now hopefully resolved it. If you have used the modem
beforehand on something else it will not detect fax. A reboot is necessary
for fax to be detected so no other software has used modem.

Hope I make sense!

Kathy

---

"itwasntme" <itwasntme@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote: