SP2 / Messenger E-mail Problem

bill

when i had SP1, i logged into windows messenger using my hotmail account. if
i had received e-mail in that account, i could simply click the "check
e-mail inbox" link on the windows messenger screen and it would take me to
my hotmail inbox. NOW, i have SP2 and when i try the same, it opens up
Outlook Express instead of my hotmail inbox. i tried changing the default
e-mail program in IE's properties, but then when i click a hyperlink to
someone's e-mail address, i get a RUNDLL error.

how can i make my hotmail inbox show up when i click it through windows
messenger and have other e-mail address links open up outlook express when
clicked upon?

thank you.

Greetings Bill,

The Windows Messenger version within SP2 does not have support for Add-ins which is required
for Hotmail support within Windows Messenger. As such, in order to get this functionality
back, you'll either need to downgrade to the previous version of Windows Messenger
(http://www.microsoft.com/windows/messenger/download.asp) or use MSN Messenger instead
(http://messenger.msn.com/Download).
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert