I have installed sp2 on my comp twice. All it did was crash and freeze up,
where i had to reinstall my whole comp.. what should i do? i really want it.
but i dont know what to do!!
Can someone help?!?!

"What to Know Before You Download and Install Windows XP Service Pack 2"
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/sp2_whattoknow.mspx

Ted Zieglar

"tavega1" <tavega1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have installed sp2 on my comp twice. All it did was crash and freeze up,
> where i had to reinstall my whole comp.. what should i do? i really want
> it.
> but i dont know what to do!!
> Can someone help?!?!

ok but will my comp still crash?

"Ted Zieglar" wrote:

> "What to Know Before You Download and Install Windows XP Service Pack 2"
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/sp2_whattoknow.mspx
>
> Ted Zieglar
>
> "tavega1" <tavega1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have installed sp2 on my comp twice. All it did was crash and freeze up,
> > where i had to reinstall my whole comp.. what should i do? i really want
> > it.
> > but i dont know what to do!!
> > Can someone help?!?!

Follow the Service Pack Installation Checklist to help be sure your
computer is ready for Windows XP:

Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"tavega1" <tavega1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have installed sp2 on my comp twice. All it did was crash and
>freeze up,
> where i had to reinstall my whole comp.. what should i do? i really
> want it.
> but i dont know what to do!!
> Can someone help?!?!

If your computer was not crashing before you installed SP 2, and you
carefully follow all the instructions provided by Microsoft, it is extremely
unlikely that SP 2 will cause your computer to crash.

> ok but will my comp still crash?
>
> "Ted Zieglar" wrote:
>
>> "What to Know Before You Download and Install Windows XP Service Pack 2"
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/sp2_whattoknow.mspx
>>
>> Ted Zieglar
>>
>> "tavega1" <tavega1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have installed sp2 on my comp twice. All it did was crash and freeze
>> >up,
>> > where i had to reinstall my whole comp.. what should i do? i really
>> > want
>> > it.
>> > but i dont know what to do!!
>> > Can someone help?!?!

well my comp did not crash before i installed sp2. and i reinstalled it fully
and then put sp2 back on. and then it crashed again.. but anyways i found
some info that say i might need to update my BIOS. so i will try once again i
have my fingers crossed if not then i will be back!!