I have noticed that several people have posted that their
SP2 update isn't working and I am in the same situation.
I haven't seen a solution yet. Perhaps I missed it. If
someone knows why this isn't updating properly I would
love the answer!

Thanks

How to successfully install Windows XP Service Pack 2:
http://www.fixyourwindows.com/winxpsp2install.htm

Good Luck!
---
How to optimize Windows XP, 2000, ME
for the best performance (Step-by-step Visual Guide):
http://www.fixyourwindows.com

Spyware/Virus Removal and Prevention:
http://www.fixyourwindows.com/windowsxpsolutions.htm
(Links to online virus scans on the same page)

"Genebean" wrote:

> I have noticed that several people have posted that their
> SP2 update isn't working and I am in the same situation.
> I haven't seen a solution yet. Perhaps I missed it. If
> someone knows why this isn't updating properly I would
> love the answer!
>
> Thanks

Would you like to tell us what specific problem(s) you are having, or would
you like us to guess?

Ted Zieglar

"Genebean" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have noticed that several people have posted that their
> SP2 update isn't working and I am in the same situation.
> I haven't seen a solution yet. Perhaps I missed it. If
> someone knows why this isn't updating properly I would
> love the answer!
>
> Thanks

I, too, cannot complete my sp2 installation. My specific problem is that
durring the backup process, it claims that about 20 different files are not
accessible or that access is denied. If i click "ignore" to all of those
files, setup continues as normal but later comes up with a fatal error. It
then proceeds to uninstall all of what it was installing before. Any ideas
what i can do? Thanks.
Tyson Hellmich

"Ted Zieglar" wrote:

> Would you like to tell us what specific problem(s) you are having, or would
> you like us to guess?
>
> Ted Zieglar
>
> "Genebean" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have noticed that several people have posted that their
> > SP2 update isn't working and I am in the same situation.
> > I haven't seen a solution yet. Perhaps I missed it. If
> > someone knows why this isn't updating properly I would
> > love the answer!
> >
> > Thanks

If you can, try posting the names of the files that are giving SP 2
difficulty. If they are Windows system files, you might be able to extract
them from the Windows CD (we'll show you how); if they're not Windows system
files, they're either part of a third party application, inwhich case you'll
have to seek help from the vendor, of viruses and/or spyware.

Ted Zieglar

"Tyson" <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I, too, cannot complete my sp2 installation. My specific problem is that
> durring the backup process, it claims that about 20 different files are
> not
> accessible or that access is denied. If i click "ignore" to all of those
> files, setup continues as normal but later comes up with a fatal error.
> It
> then proceeds to uninstall all of what it was installing before. Any
> ideas
> what i can do? Thanks.
> Tyson Hellmich
>
> "Ted Zieglar" wrote:
>
>> Would you like to tell us what specific problem(s) you are having, or
>> would
>> you like us to guess?
>>
>> Ted Zieglar
>>
>> "Genebean" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have noticed that several people have posted that their
>> > SP2 update isn't working and I am in the same situation.
>> > I haven't seen a solution yet. Perhaps I missed it. If
>> > someone knows why this isn't updating properly I would
>> > love the answer!
>> >
>> > Thanks

Hi

What, if any, error messages are you getting when trying to install SP2?

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User