pat

Expert

Why are so many people having problems with SP2 being
compatable with their computers. I have heard some real
horror stories. Why should everyone have to completely
reconstuct their computers in order to have this update.

peter

No, not everyone have problems with SP2.
I have two machines both running XP Pro, one is 7 years old (PIII 500Mhz,
256 MB PC133) and the other one is 4 years old (P4 2GA MHz, 1G DDR ram), both
updated to SP2 without any major problems. The only thing I noticed is that
both machines take longer time to bootup. For the PIII PC, the bootup time
increased from 100 seconds to 150 seconds; for the P4 PC, it increased from
90 seconds to 105 seconds. Both PCs have 42 running processes including
Norton System Works 2003 and Zone alarm 5.1

Most of the problems occurred after SP2 were that they were not well
prepared for this update. They don't read the requirements for SP2 and some
of them even don't know that their PCs have hidden problems before the
update.

Peter

"Pat" wrote:

> Why are so many people having problems with SP2 being
> compatable with their computers. I have heard some real
> horror stories. Why should everyone have to completely
> reconstuct their computers in order to have this update.

pat

Expert

I have a Roxio program on my computer and from all the
comments on the forum at Roxio many many people are
having problems with SP2 and I see losts of people on
this discussion group having problems. Why so much
troupble with this update verses otheres?