I installed SP2 and had no trouble at all except for one thing. Every
time when booted a Microsoft screen pops up advising what to check off
for security. I have done what was asked but the window keeps
appearing after each boot. How do I get rid of this window?

What specifically is it warning you about. The answer depends on that.

For example, if it is warning you about antivirus, click on the ballon that
pops up. At the bottom of the next screen will be something to manage your
antivirus. click on that and there will be an option "I will manage it
myself" or something like that.

Tom
<fletch13@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I installed SP2 and had no trouble at all except for one thing. Every
> time when booted a Microsoft screen pops up advising what to check off
> for security. I have done what was asked but the window keeps
> appearing after each boot. How do I get rid of this window?

Open up the security center, look on the left side under RESOURCES,
select CHANGE THE WAY SECURITY CENTER ALERTS ME, uncheck the 3 boxes.
Close security center and it will not bug you again. This also rids
you of the tray icon. You can always go back to it in
start>programs>accessories>system tools>security center.