Space Hulk 2: Will it run under XP SP2?

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

When I try to fire up Space Hulk: Vengeance of the Blood Angels, I get the
following error message:

"Play SpaceHulk.exe - Entry Point not Found

The procedure entry point SUnMapLS_IP_ESP_12 could not be located in the
dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll."

This early Win95 console port does not install anything on the harddrive,
but runs completely off the CD. I've set compatibility for Win95, but it
makes no difference. Autorun brings up the game menu ok, but when I try to
"configure" or "play" off this menu, I get the above error msg. Anybody
have any luck with this game under XP SP2? Thanks for any info.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 18:23:37 GMT, "DocScorpio"
<DocScorpio@stupra-spammeros.com> wrote:

>When I try to fire up Space Hulk: Vengeance of the Blood Angels, I get the
>following error message:
>
>"Play SpaceHulk.exe - Entry Point not Found
>
>The procedure entry point SUnMapLS_IP_ESP_12 could not be located in the
>dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll."

I've seen a similar problem with other games, and most likely rely on some
16-bit dependancy.

As far as I know, there is no generic fix.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 18:23:37 GMT, "DocScorpio"
<DocScorpio@stupra-spammeros.com> wrote:

>When I try to fire up Space Hulk: Vengeance of the Blood Angels, I get the
>following error message:
>
>"Play SpaceHulk.exe - Entry Point not Found
>
>The procedure entry point SUnMapLS_IP_ESP_12 could not be located in the
>dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll."

Alright, there's no generic fix, but there is a procedure available
involving shortcut trickery:
http://www.ntcompatible.com/thread27025-1.html
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 18:23:37 GMT, "DocScorpio"
<DocScorpio@stupra-spammeros.com> wrote:

>When I try to fire up Space Hulk: Vengeance of the Blood Angels, I get the
>following error message:
>
>"Play SpaceHulk.exe - Entry Point not Found
>
>The procedure entry point SUnMapLS_IP_ESP_12 could not be located in the
>dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll."
>
>This early Win95 console port does not install anything on the harddrive,
>but runs completely off the CD. I've set compatibility for Win95, but it
>makes no difference. Autorun brings up the game menu ok, but when I try to
>"configure" or "play" off this menu, I get the above error msg. Anybody
>have any luck with this game under XP SP2? Thanks for any info.
>
If it's trying to use Kernel32 calls from a Win95 program then I doubt
it.

--
Alfie
<http://www.delphia.co.uk/>
Mediocrity thrives on standardization.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

"Raymond Martineau" <bk039@ncf.ca> wrote in message
news:peub31hu266pe6difpsag8a41hbobgi12n@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 18:23:37 GMT, "DocScorpio"
> <DocScorpio@stupra-spammeros.com> wrote:
>
>>When I try to fire up Space Hulk: Vengeance of the Blood Angels, I get
>>the
>>following error message:
>>
>>"Play SpaceHulk.exe - Entry Point not Found
>>
>>The procedure entry point SUnMapLS_IP_ESP_12 could not be located in the
>>dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll."
>
> Alright, there's no generic fix, but there is a procedure available
> involving shortcut trickery:
> http://www.ntcompatible.com/thread27025-1.html
>
>
Thanks very much for the excellent link! I'll give the solution a go.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

"DocScorpio" <DocScorpio@stupra-spammeros.com> wrote:
>When I try to fire up Space Hulk: Vengeance of the Blood Angels, I get the
>following error message:
>
>"Play SpaceHulk.exe - Entry Point not Found

That's the dirtiest error message I've ever seen.

>The procedure entry point SUnMapLS_IP_ESP_12 could not be located in the
>dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll."
>
>This early Win95 console port does not install anything on the harddrive,
>but runs completely off the CD. I've set compatibility for Win95, but it
>makes no difference. Autorun brings up the game menu ok, but when I try to
>"configure" or "play" off this menu, I get the above error msg. Anybody
>have any luck with this game under XP SP2? Thanks for any info.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

"DocScorpio" <DocScorpio@stupra-spammeros.com> wrote in message
news:nknZd.12295$ze7.3779@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com...
>
> "Raymond Martineau" <bk039@ncf.ca> wrote in message
> news:peub31hu266pe6difpsag8a41hbobgi12n@4ax.com...
>> On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 18:23:37 GMT, "DocScorpio"
>> <DocScorpio@stupra-spammeros.com> wrote:
>>
>>>When I try to fire up Space Hulk: Vengeance of the Blood Angels, I get
>>>the
>>>following error message:
>>>
>>>"Play SpaceHulk.exe - Entry Point not Found
>>>
>>>The procedure entry point SUnMapLS_IP_ESP_12 could not be located in the
>>>dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll."
>>
>> Alright, there's no generic fix, but there is a procedure available
>> involving shortcut trickery:
>> http://www.ntcompatible.com/thread27025-1.html
>>
>>
> Thanks very much for the excellent link! I'll give the solution a go.
Using the solution provided by your link, I've got SH2 running
perfectly.....even transferred the whole thing onto my harddrive.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

"DocScorpio" <DocScorpio@stupra-spammeros.com> wrote in message
news:JEkZd.9789$DW.5238@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com...
> When I try to fire up Space Hulk: Vengeance of the Blood Angels, I get
the
> following error message:
>
> "Play SpaceHulk.exe - Entry Point not Found
>
> The procedure entry point SUnMapLS_IP_ESP_12 could not be located in the
> dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll."
>
> This early Win95 console port does not install anything on the harddrive,
> but runs completely off the CD. I've set compatibility for Win95, but it
> makes no difference. Autorun brings up the game menu ok, but when I try
to
> "configure" or "play" off this menu, I get the above error msg. Anybody
> have any luck with this game under XP SP2? Thanks for any info.

Space hulk is my acid test for testing pc's. I have 8 pc's here now on the
living room net and the only one that will run it is a toshiba 2150cdt from
the early 90's. I bought it on cd after seeing it run on a neighbors
computer in the floppy disk release. Since then I have had only one computer
(that toshiba) that would run it. I would guess that 99% of pc's currently
in use will not run it.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

"john graesser" <graesser@tca.net> wrote in message
news:113hfs1qs1bbk25@corp.supernews.com...
>
[snip]
>
> Space hulk is my acid test for testing pc's. I have 8 pc's here now on the
> living room net and the only one that will run it is a toshiba 2150cdt
> from
> the early 90's. I bought it on cd after seeing it run on a neighbors
> computer in the floppy disk release. Since then I have had only one
> computer
> (that toshiba) that would run it. I would guess that 99% of pc's currently
> in use will not run it.
>
I haven't tried the original Space Hulk yet on this rig, but am thinking
about it. I've had pretty good luck running old games via DosBox. A couple
of months ago I replayed Privateer and RF via DosBox on this pc and it ran
better than it did with a DOS boot on my old pc (running Win98SE). I've got
Space Hulk 2 running fine now thanks to the help I got here. I've even put
the whole game on the HD. I don't think I ever finished the original Space
Hulk. I mean, that game is HARD! At least, that's how I recall it.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

"john graesser" <graesser@tca.net> wrote in message
news:113hfs1qs1bbk25@corp.supernews.com...
>
[snip]
>
> Space hulk is my acid test for testing pc's. I have 8 pc's here now on the
> living room net and the only one that will run it is a toshiba 2150cdt
> from
> the early 90's. I bought it on cd after seeing it run on a neighbors
> computer in the floppy disk release. Since then I have had only one
> computer
> (that toshiba) that would run it. I would guess that 99% of pc's currently
> in use will not run it.
>
Space Hulk runs fine under DosBox on my late-model pc. Now, if I could
just remember the command to pick something up..... Got to go RTFM. :)