Space Issue for Cpu cooling.

Oct 2, 2018
So, I'm thinking about getting a BitFenix Nova TG. I already ordered a Cooler Master EVO 212. The question is: does it fit in the case with the window? If it helps the motherboard is an Asus z97-ws.

Solution
The evo works pretty good. I put a 2nd fan on mine and replaced the original fan that died. I have a standard atx mid tower case that's really old, the 1st of the black cases when they started ditching beige. Just barely so the heatpipes are about 1/4 inch from hitting the case cover.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/bitfenix-nova-tg-tempered-glass-case,5169.html

At 17.3” tall, the Nova TG has almost textbook mid-tower proportions. It would have been only 7.2”-wide without side-panel protrusions, and it even has a 5.25” bay cover centered within the space of three external bays.

My case measures 7 and 1/4" wide which is basically 7.2". The 212 should fit with only 1/4" to spare.
The 212 is outdated, while not bad there are better and smaller options, but to answer your question it should fit as your case supports 160mm coolers from what I can find. The Cryorig H7 is smaller and cools a bit better, and IMO looks way better. If you plan on overclocking youll probably need more then the 212.

Oct 2, 2018

I already purchased the evo but thanks for the suggestions. I just really like the style and price of the BitFenix case, are there any other white cases that could work for around the same price?

need4speeds

Distinguished
The evo works pretty good. I put a 2nd fan on mine and replaced the original fan that died. I have a standard atx mid tower case that's really old, the 1st of the black cases when they started ditching beige. Just barely so the heatpipes are about 1/4 inch from hitting the case cover.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/bitfenix-nova-tg-tempered-glass-case,5169.html

At 17.3” tall, the Nova TG has almost textbook mid-tower proportions. It would have been only 7.2”-wide without side-panel protrusions, and it even has a 5.25” bay cover centered within the space of three external bays.

My case measures 7 and 1/4" wide which is basically 7.2". The 212 should fit with only 1/4" to spare.

Solution