Space Station Toilet Fixed, Astronauts Relieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciuy

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
Well they should have taken a walk outside, so it behind a meteor or something :))

its funny hey had to go to the russians hahaha

G

Oh please, NASA and other science programs develop advancements that keep us in the forefront of technology - the stuff that DOES make jobs. One of the reasons we're no longer the ultimate super power is because of a diminishing focus on science. Other countries have taken up the lead and American companies outsource to China and India and research opportunities have gone to the EU.

I want to say to the author, Jane McEntegart, kudos to you on writing a title that was humorous, without crossing that unprofessional line. There was a subtle humor that put a big smile on my face. Yet at the same time, the article was to the point, and not chalk full of elementary school jokes.

Way to Go.

Now please share your insight with your cohorts and see if you can help them out. :) Your title was catchy, yet to the point and actually quite factual I'm sure. Nicely done.

B-Unit

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
[citation][nom]christop[/nom]I feel sooo much better knowing they can shit in space while I can't find a decent job in the us... How much did that cost?? 4 million??[/citation]
Care to explain how exactly not having a toilet on the space station (or not a space station at all) would give you a job?

kato128

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]christop[/nom]I feel sooo much better knowing they can shit in space while I can't find a decent job in the us... How much did that cost?? 4 million??[/citation]

Maybe you should apply at the NASA toilet manufacturering section. They seem to be getting decent money.

mman74

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
Urine to water, surely as the Brits say that is "taking the piss" but literally.
And what happens when the flushing mechanism breaks - "shit happens"!
I suppose since there is no gravity, they would need a fan to blow the poop back where it's supposed to go. Let's hope it doesn't hit it - the fan that is.

photoguru

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]hack__you[/nom]if they take a sh1t outside the space station, will a sh1t hit earth at 60,000 miles an hour?[/citation]

Only if they're traveling at 59,998 mph and they poop forward at a rate of 2 mph.

Status
Not open for further replies.