SPARCstations - Audio file

Ed

I've heard a few of you guys mention SPARC so maybe you can help? I'm
looking at some old 1990 C code which uses audio files that end with the
extension ".ulaw". I'm not sure if these are renamed or special to SPARC
or what but renaming them to .wav didn't work. ;p Is there any way I
could convert these to WAV files or anything that runs on Windows? I
just need to hear a sample of one, even if it's played back at
in-correct speed would be fine.

Thanks for any input!

Ed
--
SPARC me up!

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 05:19:08 -0600, Ed <nomail@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I've heard a few of you guys mention SPARC so maybe you can help? I'm
>looking at some old 1990 C code which uses audio files that end with the
>extension ".ulaw". I'm not sure if these are renamed or special to SPARC
>or what but renaming them to .wav didn't work. ;p Is there any way I
>could convert these to WAV files or anything that runs on Windows? I
>just need to hear a sample of one, even if it's played back at
>in-correct speed would be fine.

It's one of the audio formats which Quicktime claims to support as Mime
type: uLaw/AU - dunno what extension it expects... .au??. I've never
dabbled with it and I must admit that Quicktime seems to claim to support
file types which don't actually work sometimes.

--
Rgds, George Macdonald