[SOLVED] Spark from Power cable of PSU

adityaanand430

Honorable
Mar 14, 2018
I have generic PSU which doesn't have a seperate on off Switch and is connected to the wall socket. When I turn on my pc, it sparks where the Power cable is connected to the CPU/PSU. After starting the pc it shutdowns automatically after a while sometimes within an hour ,sometimes after 2_3 hrs even connected with a UPS, for voltage fluctuations. I don't know what's the reason? Is it the psu Or the cable or the UPS(battery is old 2 years approximately).

Solution
it sparks where the Power cable is connected to the CPU

you are very lucky you haven't already blown out every connected component and possibly burned your house down.
disconnect this crap power supply and take it to your local hazardous material recycling center ASAP!
each time you power on this system you are risking all of your components and possibly your entire living space.

a UPS cannot make your power supply burn out connected components, the worst it would do is shutdown or spark itself if it was damaged or faulty.

replace this power supply with something that fits with the usage of your system:
it sparks where the Power cable is connected to the CPU

you are very lucky you haven't already blown out every connected component and possibly burned your house down.
disconnect this crap power supply and take it to your local hazardous material recycling center ASAP!
each time you power on this system you are risking all of your components and possibly your entire living space.

a UPS cannot make your power supply burn out connected components, the worst it would do is shutdown or spark itself if it was damaged or faulty.

replace this power supply with something that fits with the usage of your system:

Solution