[SOLVED] Sparked 1060 came back to life?

OtapIc

Commendable
Jan 19, 2021
Had this PC shut on me while playing Apex, rebooting it and I saw sparks coming from somewhere in the GPU area and quickly turned off and unplugged everything.

After a few minutes I turned it back on it was fine, no burn smell no marks on the GPU.

Is my PSU faulty perhaps? I'm using a SAMA armor 24K 650W and the wattage is more than enough

The only other oddity I saw was there was some dust on the PCB and also the inside of the case was fairly hotter than usual

Any thoughts about this matter?

Solution
You should definitely look at getting a better, high quality, PSU. It can make a bigger difference than you would think, mostly in the reliability department. I and friends have all expirienced issues that we later traced back to a cheap PSU. We now all get good models, and have had way less small, seemingly random, problems.

Lutfij

Titan
SAMA armor 24K 650W
Yeah, you should've invested in a reliably built PSU like one made by Seasonic.

We don't know what the specs to your entire system is, so it's hard to say if the unit has enough power for the entire system. By sparks, did they come from the power connectors? In any case, you should probably need to swap the GPU alongside the PSU, if not, the PSU alone.

You should definitely look at getting a better, high quality, PSU. It can make a bigger difference than you would think, mostly in the reliability department. I and friends have all expirienced issues that we later traced back to a cheap PSU. We now all get good models, and have had way less small, seemingly random, problems.

Reactions: TommyTwoTone66
Solution