chaitanya_mkin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
hi everyone, recently i bought one coolermaster extreme psu (PCAR-500) 500W. when i turned on the system the psu makes big sound and sparks coming frm it (cause on that day high voltage occured to everyone for raining), i turned system two times on, for two times PSU makes BIG SOUNDS and SPARKS cmg out, im not using ups one stabilizer is there, through stabilizer i ve connected to spyke buster, spyke buster to all components like cpu, modem, creative speakers adaptor, moniter...........whats my question is

EVERY COMPONENT IS WORKING GOOD STABILIZER, ADAPTORS, MONITER BUT PSU NOT WORKING, WHAT WILL BE THE PROBLEM IS ANYTHING HAPPENED TO PSU -- IS WARRANTY WILL BE GIVEN FOR HIGH VOLTAGE COMPONENTS?????????

AND ONE MORE QUESTION IS THAT ANYTHING WILL BE HAPPENED TO MOTHERBOARD, PROCESSOR, AND ESPECIALLY MY FAVORITE XFX HD 5770 CARD :(

PLZ SUGGEST ME IF THERE IS WARRANTY FACILITY FOR HIGH VOLTAGE COMPONENTS AND IS ANYTHING HAPPENED TO MOBO,PROCESSOR AND GRAPHIC CARD

Maranoid

Distinguished
May 17, 2010

Please don't go try and fix it yourself, getting 220 is not pleasant at all, not for you or for you pc.
I've seen some of my colleagues get shocked pretty bad after "fixing" something.

Just to be safe buy a new one or call upon the warranty.