[SOLVED] Sparks, smoke, and a bad smell coming from the case

ActuallyAqua

Commendable
Jan 4, 2021
I had just installed a PRIME B350-plus motherboard, and a Ryzen 5 cpu into my old machine (we are talking built in 2012). At first the build didnt turn on. I saw that the motherboard's power cable wasn't plugged in all the way, and I sort of forced it in. It turned on, but within seconds it made a popping noise. It looked like some sparks came out of the motherboard (could've came from somewhere else), and I instantly unplugged the build (probably a bad idea). There was smoke inside the build, and it smelled bad. I thought that my psu definitely exploded, but I just need another person's perspective. The full specs are 16gb of ddr4 ram, Corsair CX750M psu, GeForce GTX 780Ti, PRIME B350-plus motherboard, Ryzen 5 1600 processor, and a 500gb Samsung ssd.

Solution
Use your nose to find bad components. If there was smoke then something will smell bad - power supply or a component on the MB or other device.
If as you say there were sparks then use your eyes and a magnifying glass as well.
Use your nose to find bad components. If there was smoke then something will smell bad - power supply or a component on the MB or other device.
If as you say there were sparks then use your eyes and a magnifying glass as well.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS