Question Games are stuttering, SPD max bandwidth seems to be lower than my ram speeds. Is this normal?

Oct 23, 2019
An image on what i am seeing: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16p_-fuiaiHa7GGB5KHo57DPOrUBMEOe9/view
I dont think this is normal, so im asking the forums for help on this. The issue: both CPU-Z and my motherboards bios show the max bandwidth as lower than my xmp ram speed is running at.

Task manager informs me that the ram sticks are running at 2666mhz though. I'm rather confused by this.

The reason why i'm asking this in the first place is that, i'm experiencing periodical micro-stutters/stutters in some of the more demanding games i play, for example: Far Cry 4, Forza Horizon 3, think i even spotted it in Cry of Fear.
I'm also having really bad stutters in Fortnite, but i am thinking that may be a bug. Minecraft with high render distance stutters quite bad aswell when moving around quick.

I have been trying to scarcely solve this problem for perhaps a month now with no leads, perhaps this could be the crack needed in my case?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Specs!
  • I5-9500F (yes, the 9500, not the 9400)
  • Asrock B365M Phantom Gaming 4
  • EVGA GTX 1060 SC with some manual extra oc on top, the card does go up to 86 °C at rough times, but ive identified that this shouldnt be the cause of the stutters (i can test it more though)
  • GOODRAM CX300 240GB SSD (storage drives shouldnt be a cause of the stutters, because i have tried testing Far Cry 4 on both an ssd and an hdd, both of them do stutter)
  • 2TB HDD
  • 500 HDD
  • RipJaws V 2666mhz DDR4 Ram sticks
  • 650w PSU (have to recheck though)

Last edited:
well what bios and cpu-z shows is ram default clock/bandwith at jedec spd settings, which u arent using, coz your ram is running xmp profile (overclock)
overclock increases bandwith, also dual channel increases bandwith
so your stuttering issue is no related with jedec 2133mz single channel ram bandwith
your current max bandwith u can calculate on your own (Memory clock x Bus Width / 8) * DDR type multiplier = Bandwidth in GB/s) or use another app (aida64/sisoft sandra/etc)

anyway, u could start with posting your full system specs