SPDIF not working on MOBO/Sound Card, was working before.

Saint Crake

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013
I did a case swap, and before everything was working fine. Now, my on board SPDIF output does not work, nor does the one on my sound card Asus Xonar. (Cable is known good using the light test) I saw a SPDIF spot on the mobo and the card, but for the life of me I don't recall unplugging it nor can I find it. I've tried with the front panel plugged into the card and the mobo but no dice. On my card there is also a white aux port, again can;t remember unplugging anything though I;ve spent a good few hours on this. Any help is appreciated.

>I've got an external 7.1 card (with spidf) that will do for now, though i prefer to use my xonars spdif port.

Ok a really common problem with swapping cases is people accidentally having an extra standoff on the motherboard tray installed, thus damaging the motherboard. This is the only thing i can think of since you can't get any audio from your motherboard at all. pictures are very helpful in these situations

Saint Crake

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013
I can get audio from the mobo, just not the SPDIF, also when I have my Asaus Xonar card installed I can get audio but not spdif. I also verified the proper amount of standoffs are installed.

TRENDING THREADS