Question Speaker buzzing from any 3.5mm jack on new pc build.

mildgamer001

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
Just got done building my new pc. I'm having a bad speaker humming issue (like no audio other than buzzing coming out when plugged into either front or rear 3.5mm jacks)

I used these speakers with zero issues on my old pc (dell server upgraded) and cant get them to work on the new build at all. my headset works but it runs off USB.
I checked all cables (the speakers work fine off my phone also) and installed what i believe to be the most recent realtek audio drivers from asrock, still no improvement. I would love to avoid RMAing my motherboard, or having to buy a dac and amp/soundcard for a board that is supposed to have good sound, as well as love my front panel i/o functionality.. If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them..
thanks!

asrock b450 steel legend mobo,
ryzen 2600
gskill trident z ram
wd m.2 and wd black hdd
gtx1070
Logitech 2.1 powered speakers

Lutfij

Titan
I'm assuming you're on Windows 10...? If so, which version of the OS are you on? Have you made sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? To note, you've mentioned that the front panel is the issue, here, does the issue crop up when plugging off the rear I/O ports for your onboard soundcard? I've built a system with that board and I doubt your audio is the issue, rather that there may be an issue with the front panel ports on your chassis.

Speaking of case, you forgot to mention the make and model of the case as well as it's age.

mildgamer001

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
it was dead audio capacitors on the asrock motherboard. no amount of software and firmware updates was fixing it, front and rear io had the same issue, headset only worked through usb. new motherboard (asus x390) fixed the issue