Speaker fill not working with 5.1 surround sound

RoadRasher

Honorable
Sep 17, 2013
I bought the logitech z906 5.1 surround sound speaker set, but only the front left and front right speakers are working. Tried checking the Speaker fill box, but it did nothing. I'm sure I've connected everything right, in the Realtek menu every speaker is responsive, also tried it in Battlefield 4 and it works flawlessly, but I'd basicly really like to listen to music through all 5 speakers if that's possible.

As for which sound card I have, the only thing it shows me under device managment is Realtek High Definition Audio

EDIT: I use Windows 7 64bit, if that's of any use

woozja

Reputable
Oct 31, 2014

Thanks, the room setting helped me out! :)

Blaze Viper

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2010
It doesn't work nearly as well as VIA's speaker fill, the room setting creates a small amount of echo and the rear speakers are much quieter than the front ones. Are there any better solutions?

Binion

Commendable
Jun 2, 2016
Set environment to generic and that seems to work. I remember this happening before and there was a fix but can't find it. Will update if I find the fix.

Issue I had when I found the fix was with Windows 7 and now I have 10 with the same issue - Obviously OK as I use generic though.

JBrightt_

Reputable
Nov 5, 2015

After trying to get my logitech x-530's to work for days I have them (somewhat) working. Setting an environment helps the rear audio, however the rear speakers continue to produce muffled and echo'y audio compared to the front and center. Do you or anyone else here know how to fix that?