[SOLVED] Speaker quality

jitteRs

Prominent
Nov 25, 2019
No matter what speaker I plug in, it is always at telephone quality and sounds horrible. Is there anyway to change that?

Solution
It's a Bluetooth speaker, I tried using 3.0 USB ports for the Bluetooth adapter but it still had low quality. I also just got a Logitech speaker that just plugs in using a 3.0 USB connection but that still has low quality. Is it because the speakers don't have their own power source or are cheaply made?

Well this basically tosses your question out the window, what model bluetooth speaker were you using? And if you got speakers that run off USB those would not sound great either. Basically in the lowest tier or audio quality. You need to start with good speakers to get good sound. Try these, they are on sale now...

jitteRs

Prominent
Nov 25, 2019
And what speakers are you connecting to them? Using the right jack on the system? Are you maybe using non-powered speakers?
It's a Bluetooth speaker, I tried using 3.0 USB ports for the Bluetooth adapter but it still had low quality. I also just got a Logitech speaker that just plugs in using a 3.0 USB connection but that still has low quality. Is it because the speakers don't have their own power source or are cheaply made?

Using Bluetooth or USB the sound quality is totally because of the speakers themselves. The speakers don’t use the PC’s soundcard. You have to be directly connected to the soundcard to be using it.

jitteRs

Prominent
Nov 25, 2019
Using Bluetooth or USB the sound quality is totally because of the speakers themselves. The speakers don’t use the PC’s soundcard. You have to be directly connected to the soundcard to be using it.
So, it would be better to be using a 3.5mm aux cord that goes into the motherboard instead of an usb?

So, it would be better to be using a 3.5mm aux cord that goes into the motherboard instead of an usb?
Depends. A good quality USB speaker set can do a better job, but you get what you pay for. I’ve got a set of Bose Companion 5’s which are USB and they are extremely good but are not cheap. Bluetooth is similar but some people who are sensitive can always tell music that has been compressed through Bluetooth.

Zoel.fahmi

Upstanding
Dec 27, 2019
USB is to power small speaker with low RMS output
3,5 mm audio jack using internal audio from motherboard
Most wireless(bluetooth) audio doesn't have good internal audio processing especially the cheap one
Try using speaker with 3,5 mm jack

Well this basically tosses your question out the window, what model bluetooth speaker were you using? And if you got speakers that run off USB those would not sound great either. Basically in the lowest tier or audio quality. You need to start with good speakers to get good sound. Try these, they are on sale now https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Spe...ndised-search-3&pf_rd_t=BROWSE&pf_rd_i=172471

Solution