Question Speaker/Soundbar Recommendation

Dec 27, 2019
View: https://i.imgur.com/nGTd8uy.jpg

Pictured above is the current state of my desktop (yes it badly needs dusting I know). I am looking to buy a pair of 24" monitors (the Acer Predator XB241YU to be exact) that, when arranged side-by-side on that desk, will likely take up the entire width of the surface (the displays I'm currently using in that picture are 21.5" and 19" respectively). This means that my speakers won't be able to remain where they currently are as there won't be any room at all. As it turns out, this is a huge problem as I have absolutely no clue where I could possibly fit any speakers - be they my current ones or something new.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good set of speakers or possibly a soundbar that would fit my desktop setup? There's nowhere either side of the desk I can place anything so it'll have to go actually on the desk no matter what.

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
VIVO Dual LCD Monitor Desk Mount Stand Heavy Duty Fully Adjustable fits 2 /Two Screens up to 27" (STAND-V002)

Mounting the monitors will clean up a great deal of space "Clutter". From there you can use any Speaker "Laying on Side" or soundbar. Raising your monitors also helps posture and reduces fatigue.

mounts.jpg

There are several things you can do in addition to the monitor mount arm. Put the speakers on their sides to fit in front or behind the monitors so you can reach the volume (you can use velcro to keep them in place), mount them on the wall behind the desk, put them on stands on the sides of the desk. Put them on stands behind the monitors to raise them over the monitors, really nothing complex to sort out, look at your layout and see what you can stick where to put he speakers where you want using stands, mounts or just moving them around till you find a spot you like.

And yes a soundbar will also work in front of the monitors if you want, you can even get one with a sub to get some better low end.

What you can get and do depends on how much you can spend on it.

You should also clean off the walls, looks like there is mold on the wall behind the desk which is not good for health at all.

Last edited:

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
Something to consider.

2.1 Speakers- Sweet spot with sound quality sits between 2-4 feet.
Soundbars- Sweet spot with sound quality sits between 6-15 feet.
Monitors- Sweet spot with sound quality sits between 2-10 feet.
Full Range Bookshelf speakers- Sweet spot with sound quality sits between 3-15 feet.

Other things aspects to consider with any kind of theater applications.

Room shape
Room size
Room clutter "Carpet, Windows and just stuff in general"

Before I can recommend anything I would need the basics of the room and the range of usage. ;)