Speakers and SB Audigy 2

jucraze

Distinguished
May 21, 2003
I have a SB Audigy2 and I want to buy speakers but I am not sure what to buy. What is the best bang for my buck? I am willing to spend $200 or more but I want to consider the quality for my dollar as well. I look at Cambridge Soundworks 5.1 and I think its fine but people swear by the Klipsch brand. Any suggestions?

Cambridge 5.1 or the Creative 5.1 systems around the $100.00 range are fine speakers, I 've got the Cambridge 5.1 and my wife has the Creative 5.1 and they sound great.

<b><font color=purple>Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.</font color=purple></b>

confoundicator

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2002
I've seen my Klipsch ProMedia 4.1 system on clearence at the local computer shop for $199.00 (in Seattle) and $215.00 at Newegg. These are audiophile quality speakers, very loud and crystal clear. I'd get these unless you need a center channel, in which case I'd get one of what 4ryan6 said^ or something very similar (my reasoning is that, for the same price, I'd rather have a very high quality 4.1 system than a mid-range quality 5.1 system). But that's just me.

<font color=blue>-Toast always lands buttered-side down and cats always land on their feet. So what happens if you strap a piece of toast on the back of a cat and drop it?</font color=blue>