[SOLVED] Speakers appear not plugged in even though they are

KriSSu09

Commendable
Dec 17, 2016
Hello!

After a brownout today (my PC is connected to a 4500 A protective socket and I made sure to unplug it immediately after the voltage decreased and only plugged it back after the electricity was back and with normal parameters), my MSI B150 Gaming M3 no longer detects any devices in the jack ports, neither rear, nor frontal.

I have tried using the "Disable front panel jack detection" found in MSI Realtek HD Audio Manager (which I've already updated to the latest version), which allowed me to use my headset through the front panel jacks, with audio quality same as it used to be through the rear main jack (Front Speaker Out) before the issue appeared, but the microphone quality is extremely poor. This leads me to believe that just the detection is faulty, not the entire audio chip.

In the Windows Sound tab, Speakers and Microphone appear as "Not plugged in" but their device driver (Realtek High Definition Audio) appears as working properly.

I have also updated the BIOS to the latest version, but to no avail. Checking the BIOS Board Explorer, it shows nothing connected to the rear jacks, although my headset is plugged in the Front Speaker Out and my microphone is in the Mic-In next to it, thus making me suppose it is not a Windows-related problem.

Is there any way to force audio signal to be sent and received through the jacks, somehow bypassing the need to detect the device (similar to the "Disable front panel jack detection")? Or, perhaps, another solution, besides replacing the audio chip on the motherboard?

Has anyone ever experienced a similar problem and found a solution that doesn't require hardware replacements? Or, perhaps, does anybody have any suggestions? I'd really appreciate some help.

Thanks and have a good day!

TRENDING THREADS