Question Speakers cutting out background noise automatically :O

Sep 1, 2021
Hi guys!

So I currently have an LG soundbar hooked up to my PC via optical cable; however, there's a weird 'feature' that it does that's annoying me, and I want to know if I can remove this 'feature'.

When watching movies or any digital content, if the background noise is minimal and nobody is talking, the speaker will be 100% silent, the instant someone talks or a loud noise happens, the speaker then plays the audio.

So someone could be talking, with pauses between sentences, and it'll play their voice, they'll stop talking, the speaker won't output anything (such as passive background noise of phones beeping or keyboards clicking), until they talk again, in which everything is played.

The only way around this I've had is to turn the volume up really loud. Once loud, it doesn't do this anymore.

Also, when listening to Spotify or something on a lower volume, it's like I can hear the snare and hi-hats, but not the bass - like it's doing the same noise reduction-type thing as it does when watching content.

Has anyone else had this before? Is there a setting I can disable in Windows or something for it to just simply play the audio without having this, what I'm assuming is, noise cancelling?

Thanks!