speakers don't work on Toshiba laptop

Oct 2, 2018
I spilled some coke on my laptop a 2015 Toshiba Satellite S55-B5280 the computer keyboard still works except for the numbers on the right side and the speakers -- I tried also plugging in the earphones and there was crackling then nothing. Can I get away with just replacing the speakers?

Solution
If the line-out doesn't work with headphones then it won't work with speakers either (plugging anything into it is supposed to disable the integrated speakers). Get a USB soundcard, as a USB audio adapter would completely bypass the built-in audio, then you could plug speakers or headphones into that.

BTW a replacement backlit keyboard is really cheap. When you have the keyboard off you might be able to spot any cola stains causing the sound problems.
If the line-out doesn't work with headphones then it won't work with speakers either (plugging anything into it is supposed to disable the integrated speakers). Get a USB soundcard, as a USB audio adapter would completely bypass the built-in audio, then you could plug speakers or headphones into that.

BTW a replacement backlit keyboard is really cheap. When you have the keyboard off you might be able to spot any cola stains causing the sound problems.

Solution