[SOLVED] Suggest some decent PC speakers 2.0/2.1 just for music

keeprocking96

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2013
Hello, I don't know if it's the right category to post this since I'm talking about PC speakers but I hope you can help me.
I own a Creative Sound Blaster Z sound card gold plated and Sennheiser HD380 PRO headphones. I'm casual user on pc, I play games but I listen to music all the time so I don't go for gaming gear, talking for audio. That's why I got stereo studio headphones. Recently my old 5.1 speakers died(Logitech) bought them long time ago because of the high W-RMS. After many years I understand that higher W-RMS doesn't mean better sound quality. I want you people suggest some decent PC speakers 2.0/2.1 just for music(under 150eur). Also I really love bass. I saw Edifier XM6BT/Logitech Z333 but since I did listen to Logitech's from friends bought it I'm not that impressed(I don't know if in my sound card sounds better). Recently I saw Edifier G2000 came out and I really liked it tbh, also it's gold plated nice build quality but I'm not sure about bass and volume if it's enough for me, because I really like loud but clean sound. I know the budget is kinda low for this kind of specs but any help/suggestion will be good. So I want your lights! Thanks!

<<Title updated by moderator>>

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Hello, I don't know if it's the right category to post this since I'm talking about PC speakers but I hope you can help me.
I own a Creative Sound Blaster Z sound card gold plated and Sennheiser HD380 PRO headphones. I'm casual user on pc, I play games but I listen to music all the time so I don't go for gaming gear, talking for audio. That's why I got stereo studio headphones. Recently my old 5.1 speakers died(Logitech) bought them long time ago because of the high W-RMS. After many years I understand that higher W-RMS doesn't mean better sound quality. I want you people suggest some decent PC speakers 2.0/2.1 just for music(under 150eur). Also I really love bass. I saw Edifier XM6BT/Logitech Z333 but since I did listen to...

Lutfij

Titan
Where are you located and what is your preferred site for purchase? True higher wattage doesn't mean much but IMHO if you setup horribly priced speakers in a room the right way with some acoustic padding and some good quality audio cables(from source to sub/input on speakers) then you do get a step above a regular experience.

Was the Logitech's in your friend's house powered off the same sound card and audio inputs? If not, then you haven't done an apples to apples comparison.

chetmaster12

Honorable
Jan 19, 2015
99% of the time, unless the person who designed the input and output circuits was a complete idiot, cables make nearly zero difference. Gold plating will have ZERO audible difference- it's there to make connectors more reliable.

Look to audio companies for speakers. Designing speakers that sound good is not a trivial task, especially on a low budget. There's a very good reason why speakers from companies like Logitech generally suck. If you can stretch yourself to buy a pair of JBL LSR305s, they're a decent choice. The Yamaha HS5 is a bit cheaper, but you probably won't like them. They're quite bright and a little bass-shy. In a studio, they'd be useful. They bear similarities to the NS-10, and that alone should be reason enough for you to avoid them for home usage.

I own a Creative Sound Blaster Z sound card gold plated and Sennheiser HD380 PRO headphones. I'm casual user on pc, I play games but I listen to music all the time so I don't go for gaming gear, talking for audio. That's why I got stereo studio headphones. Recently my old 5.1 speakers died(Logitech) bought them long time ago because of the high W-RMS. After many years I understand that higher W-RMS doesn't mean better sound quality. I want you people suggest some decent PC speakers 2.0/2.1 just for music(under 150eur). Also I really love bass. I saw Edifier XM6BT/Logitech Z333 but since I did listen to Logitech's from friends bought it I'm not that impressed(I don't know if in my sound card sounds better). Recently I saw Edifier G2000 came out and I really liked it tbh, also it's gold plated nice build quality but I'm not sure about bass and volume if it's enough for me, because I really like loud but clean sound. I know the budget is kinda low for this kind of specs but any help/suggestion will be good. So I want your lights! Thanks!

<<Title updated by moderator>>

Those Edifier G2000 are not good at all for bass, they are less than 3" speakers.

Klipsh Promedia 2.1 is what you want to get.

Solution