Question Speakers go "inactive/idle" if not used after a while in laptop's 3.5mm jack but work in headset stand's 3.5mm jack ?

Gamefreaknet

Commendable
Mar 29, 2022
Speakers: Creative T15 Wireless
Headphone Stand: Asus ROG Throne with 7.1 Surround Sound
Laptop: Alienware M17 (Alienware Mobo - 03R2RY)

In short what the title says. Since I am not always at my PC the speakers often go inactive and seem to go into a power saving/idle mode after a certain period of not being used. I have tested with the jack on my ROG Throne stand and from my laptop port and it seems that:
Using the stand: The speakers will automatically turn back on the moment I play anything on my PC
Using my laptop port: I need to unplug and plug the jack back into my laptop each time as the speakers wont automatically turn on if I try to play something.

Notably the stand does use USB 3.1 (not sure if its Gen1 or Gen2) but I do know it is a USB Micro AB connector (not sure if USB has constant monitoring between the PC connection and the device and if its the same with Audio connections or not?)

Speakers: Creative T15 Wireless
Headphone Stand: Asus ROG Throne with 7.1 Surround Sound
Laptop: Alienware M17 (Alienware Mobo - 03R2RY)

In short what the title says. Since I am not always at my PC the speakers often go inactive and seem to go into a power saving/idle mode after a certain period of not being used. I have tested with the jack on my ROG Throne stand and from my laptop port and it seems that:
Using the stand: The speakers will automatically turn back on the moment I play anything on my PC
Using my laptop port: I need to unplug and plug the jack back into my laptop each time as the speakers wont automatically turn on if I try to play something.

Notably the stand does use USB 3.1 (not sure if its Gen1 or Gen2) but I do know it is a USB Micro AB connector (not sure if USB has constant monitoring between the PC connection and the device and if its the same with Audio connections or not?)
Sounds like another TRS versus TRRS plug incompatibility problem. The laptop has a combined speaker/mic TRRS jack and the speakers have an "old fashioned" TRS plug. You may need an adapter similar to this when using the laptop:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Movo-TCB1-...0835865&sprefix=trs+to+trrs+a,aps,244&sr=8-10