Speakers in monitors

Brad Neil2

Reputable
Feb 21, 2015
I'm pretty ignorant right now, I need to know what happens when I make a new build where I get my sounds from. I know for a fact my LGA1150 MOBO has on-board sound but my monitor doesn't have built-in speakers so what happens when I choose not to have a headset plugged in? Where does my sounds come from?

Yonose

Distinguished
If you want audio from your monitors, you will need to use a HDMI or a DisplayPort as a video cable, not a DVI or VGA.
If you dont have a cable from your monitor to your computer.. you wont get any audio from your monitor either.

If your monitor dont have it own audio input then you will need to have a video cable which supports audio.. such as HDMI or DisplayPort.

Brad Neil2

Reputable
Feb 21, 2015

Could I just go headset? Just plug in my razer kraken and be done with it?

spdragoo

Splendid
Ambassador
Yeah, if your PC has a headphone jack you can just use the headset for your sound needs.

If you really want to use speakers, you're better off with separate speakers anyway. Built-in speakers are like TV sets with built-in DVD (or the older built-in VHS): the DVD/VHS is usually of crappy quality, & breaks well before the TV set breaks.

Yonose

Distinguished
As Spdragoo said, all, well at least most of the cases do have headset and mic input, so if you have a headset, i would recommend using that since it will most likely give you better sound experience than the monitor speakers.