Question Speakers making a...sound...not sure

jexorz

Honorable
Nov 26, 2013
So every now and then my speakers are making a cartoony falling off a cliff sound...seems to be random, just a faint high pitched Peeeeeeeeeew starts kinda loud and quickly falls off to nothing... Anybody know whats going on?

jexorz

Honorable
Nov 26, 2013
well i don't get these sounds on my headset or anything like that, so its probably limited to the speakers i would assume, but ill see what happens hooking them up elsewhere

Also they seem to be making the sound even when no audio is playing.

May 27, 2019
1 Try to put the cable in harder if you can (But don't break it;))
2 Try putting the windows sound to the highest and your speaker sound to the volume you like.

jexorz

Honorable
Nov 26, 2013
I was thinking it was a static buildup, Seems to have stopped or atleast slowed down. Made some horrible noises when i unplugged them from the monitor kept doing it, and then it hasnt done it in like...12-18 hours but it was happening every 30 seconds or so... and yeah...they are cheap speakers of a decent brand

Gam3r01

Titan
Our large 3000w subs at my old job did the same thing when powered off if an audio source was still playing.
Its not really something youll be able to fix outside of a flat out replacement. (assuming it keeps happening)

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS