Question Speakers making a "ticking sound" and not working [fixed]

Jul 22, 2019
Update if anyone finds this with the same issue: I let everything be plugged into the subwoofer but unplugged from outlet. Noticed the ticking sound kept going but slowed down, and then disappeared. Left it unplugged and went to bed. Woke up and figured it at least check, so I plugged it into power again and wouldn't you guess it worked.

I guess it had built up electricity that had to be drained? If that's even a possibility. Anyway, don't know if it'll last forever. But it does work again.

Hey, hope this is the right section for such question.

Short and sweet: the other night my speakers started making that horrible static sound, shut them off and went to sleep. Now they only make a quick "tick" static sound when turned on, the "on light" also blinks.

I've tried different outlets, as well as unplugging the whole system. Upon re-plugging it I found the speakers make the sound without the aux being in the subwoofer, and when the aux is connected to the subwoofer it doesn't make that "static sound" when touched anymore.

This leads me to believe there's a power issue, but I've honestly no idea as I'm 110% an amateur. Anyone run into this before? Weird how it just stopped working.

Cana link a shot clip of it in action if wanted.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your audio equipment and how it's connected to your audio output/source? Usually a buzzing noise can come about if your houses wiring had experienced an issue with grounding(or the mains). If you're connected to a desktop powered by a Realtek audio chip, then it's possible that the drivers need updating/ uninstalling - reinstalling.

Jul 22, 2019
Make and model of your audio equipment and how it's connected to your audio output/source? Usually a buzzing noise can come about if your houses wiring had experienced an issue with grounding(or the mains). If you're connected to a desktop powered by a Realtek audio chip, then it's possible that the drivers need updating/ uninstalling - reinstalling.

Hey; sorry about forgetting to add that. I believe it's the Logitech z623 setup I'm rocking. Also should've added that they're not used with a PC, but my Xbox. Subwoofer to outlet, then AUX from subwoofer to a "mixamp".

They're a few years, so it's possibly they've given in, but it seems so sudden, worked smoothly before. And they do make the noise even if the aux isn't connected to either mentioned above, so seems like a current related issue, no?

Jul 22, 2019
What are the speakers?

Since you say it has a sub i guessing it has an internal amp that might have gone bad.

It's the Logitech z623, and they've been with me for two or three years, so it's possible they've just went and died. But if there's a possible fix, I'm trying to find it heh.