Speakers not working, I've given up.

shail12ja

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
So I unplugged everything when I moved my computer from one room to another, now, when I plugged them back in they fail to work. Sometimes my computer will tell me that my speakers are unplugged, when they clearly are plugged in.... Sometimes, after a restart and downloading a new Audio driver they will show up, but will not produce any sound still, even with all volumes cranked to the max.

I am not using a independent sound card, but I'm just doing onboard. I have tried using multiple wires and even different speakers, with the same results. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling all of my audio drivers (both Nvidia and RealTek) with no avail. I have also tried updating my mobo drivers to the most up to date software and still nothing.

I have tried fixing this for about 6 hours now, and I have given up all hope.

Thanks,

John

bluebob951

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2011
Can you try the speakers just form an MP3 player or ipod? Maybe the speakers died during the move? what speakers do you have. It shouldn't be the computer problems, sounds more like the speakers are not making good contact, or some internal or external wires have been damaged.

been in the control panel/sound to make sure they point to realtek ? and when you installed the nvidia drivers you should have done a custom install and NOT install the sound through HDMI that are included in the driver suite. did you go into the device manager and disable the high def hdmi sound..... or completely uninstall it ? and don't let windows auto install the drivers.

shail12ja

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
The speakers work fine when played through multiple MP3 players. I am currently using the Cyber Accoustic 5.1 surround sound speakers. (http://www.cyberacoustics.com/retail/products/CA-5402)

How do I check to make sure they point to Realtek? Also, in order to get them to work for even a little bit of time (this time was 3 hours) I have to reinstall the latest Realtek drivers and restart my computer, after that they work for a little bit, then die out again.

shail12ja

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
Ne development... My sound is now sporadically switching between "Speakers" which will randomly go "unplugged" according to my computer and will switch it to "Realtek Digital Output (Optical)" Which produces no sound. I attempt to unplug and replug in my speakers and still nothing.

shail12ja

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
Bump, just formatted my Hard drive and now my speakers won't show up at all and nor will anything else sound related except my second monitor (a t.v., which sound does play through) This is so annoying, any help is greatly appreciated. Is there anyway I can manually find my speakers?

Headphones don't work, different speakers won't work, have installed multiple different drivers in order to get it to work and still nothing. I've given up all hope.

shail12ja

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah I checked it all out, underneath my "Sounds, Video, and game controllers" have 4 "Nvidia High Definition Audio" selections, I've attempted to uninstall all of them and re-install Realtek Drivers but the same 4 things keep showing up...