Question Speakers on Toshiba A505-S6005 are crackling and popping after Windows 10 update

May 26, 2019
I've never had an issue with my speakers before this latest update. They only crackle when playing video/music. I've searched all over the internet for solutions and have tried everything from changing the enhancements, uninstalling/reinstalling Realtek HD Audio, changing to the Microsoft HD Audio, rolling back to the previous version, updating to the newer version, changing the minimum to 100%....you name it, I've tried it. Unfortunately I don't have any headphones with me where I am right now so I'm not able to test that out. Are there any other suggestions I could try? Please help! Thanks.

DavidM012

Distinguished
In realtek audio manager, on the Default Format tab, what's the quality setting? Try turning it up or down a notch eg, from 24bits. 192khertz to 24bits, 96khertz.

Had a problem with some clicking noises with some older games that simply turning down the quality cleared up, but I didn't have the exact same problem with audio/video playback. it might also help your system somehow, just something to try that you haven't mentioned yet.

Last edited:
May 26, 2019
Thanks for your reply. I've tried all the different quality settings to no avail. Just updated my BIOS to see if that would help, it didn't. For mobo it says baseboard version. How would I be able to check the wires? I don't have any tools with me- I'm at a hotel right now. I feel like I've tried practically everything and I'm going crazy with this just happening all of a sudden. I haven't dropped the laptop or anything at all.

TRENDING THREADS