Speakers sparking sound

shadowcrush

Reputable
Sep 5, 2014
Hey guys, for that last copule of weeks, I've been bothered by sparking sounds with occour periodically from my speakers, lasting somewhere like ½-1 hour one or two times a day.

Now, I've attempted troubleshooting it, at it seems to be related to the usage of other devices in my and the surrounding apartments, such as when my fridge is working or when I turn off lights. Sometimes it happens when nothing else is on in my apartment, which is what leads me to believe that my neighbors also are a cause of the problem.

Something else I have tried is moving the speakers a bit around in the room. It seems to be a bigger problem the closer they are to my PC. I've read somewhere that refrigerators can be a source of interference, so maybe it's because my PC is closer to my and/or my neightbors fridge.

I've, of course, also attempted trying plugging in other devices to my speakers, such as my phone, as well as plugging in nothing at all. No noise comes from that, so the problem seems to be related to the computer. Since it appears periodically, and not constantly, I'm unsure wether it's the motherboard going bad or if the computer "catches" interference. Also, headphones does not have the problem. I don't have any other set of speakers to try out.

Okay, so far so good. I got a tip to try a power surge protector, but that didn't help a bit, so now I'm here. Of course, my two ideas now is to either get a new set of speakers, or a sound card, but I thought it ask you guys before I waste any more money. Do you guys have any explanation, or suggestioms?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Though I should add that the speaker set is a Logitech. I'm unsure of the model, but it looks exactly like Logitech X-240. Futhermore, I just tried plugging in my headphones to the set, and there is no noise, from neither the speakers or the headphones.