[SOLVED] Speccy and Speedfan says my motherboard is at 106 degrees

hamza1306

Reputable
Jun 2, 2017
I opened up speccy and saw that my motherbard is at 106 degrees, saw that sometimes its a sensor mistake so i searched up speedfan and downloaded it to get the same result

Are both programs just reading wrong?
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. G10AC (SOCKET 1150) is my motherboard

Speedfan and Speccy also says my GPU is just around 50 degrees, this is while not being in any games, is this anything to worry about?

AUXTIN 1, 2 and 3 in Speedfan are all around 100 degrees, but i read that this is nothing to worry about.

Solution
My GPU is 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER (Gigabyte)

the idle temps for the 1650 sort of depend on what fans do on cards. I can see one which is 46, another that is 51 and a 3rd which is 36c - not all your model though. If the card is set like mine, it won't start using fan on card until its over 60c

see chart here - https://www.techpowerup.com/review/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1650-super-windforce-oc/32.html - it shows as 46

vFkZ0la.png

from conversation.

seems the sensors are wrong as CPU wouldn't be that cool if rest of board was on fire.

I would run hwinfo in background just 1 day and see if temps change but I suspect they just wrong.

speedfan lets you unselect sensors in settings so I...

Colif

Win 11 Master
there are often sensors on boards that show the wrong scores. i used to have one at 120c all the time. Speedfan shows all sensors, not all are correct

try running this and see what it shows

when you open it, click the tick box next to sensors and click run

what GPU? mines often at 50c all day with no games running

It might help to get more cooling fans in case if it is right, blow that heat out of system.

Colif

Win 11 Master
My GPU is 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER (Gigabyte)

the idle temps for the 1650 sort of depend on what fans do on cards. I can see one which is 46, another that is 51 and a 3rd which is 36c - not all your model though. If the card is set like mine, it won't start using fan on card until its over 60c

see chart here - https://www.techpowerup.com/review/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1650-super-windforce-oc/32.html - it shows as 46

vFkZ0la.png

from conversation.

seems the sensors are wrong as CPU wouldn't be that cool if rest of board was on fire.

I would run hwinfo in background just 1 day and see if temps change but I suspect they just wrong.

speedfan lets you unselect sensors in settings so I would just track the ones that look real. I used to have to do same on last PC.
I would be using speedfan now but it hasn't been updated in a few years and doesn't recognise AMD motherboards.

op was unable to reply to thread so we spoke via a conversation, so I thought I show end results here.

Last edited:
Solution
I opened up speccy and saw that my motherbard is at 106 degrees, saw that sometimes its a sensor mistake so i searched up speedfan and downloaded it to get the same result

Are both programs just reading wrong?
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. G10AC (SOCKET 1150) is my motherboard

Speedfan and Speccy also says my GPU is just around 50 degrees, this is while not being in any games, is this anything to worry about?

AUXTIN 1, 2 and 3 in Speedfan are all around 100 degrees, but i read that this is nothing to worry about.
You picked 2 worst programs for that. Try either HWinfo or CPU-ID Hardware monitor.

that is what my screen shot from, he can't reply to thread for some reason so we spoke via conversation and I copied that shot above from it.

He has HWINFO now and is running it for a day to confirm those temps are always over 100.
That's not good, 100c+ on any PC component is too hot. If in doubt there's always "Finger method" touch and see, both on eventual cooler body and back of MB. At 50c it's difficult to keep finger on for more than few seconds.
Possibility of bad sensor(s) is always there. I use infrared thermometer. Keep in mind that temperature of element itself would be at least 10c higher than on cooler or at behind element on the MB.

Colif

Win 11 Master
If he shows me the output after 1 day, I will see if I change mind on it being wrong sensor values as would CPU be that cool if the motherboard itself was at 100c?

temp 2 could be motherboard temp. and its only hitting 37C max

I wonder what motherboard it has, finding out which sensors are which is always fun - https://www.cnet.com/products/asus-g-series-g10ac-us009s-tower-core-i7-4770-3-4-ghz-32-gb-1-tb/

Author of HWinfo when asked about CPU (weight)
Those are most probably invalid values from sensors not connected on your mainboard. I will remove them in the next build to avoid confusion.

- person in link also asked about similar temps.

My last Asus board had sensors on it that were always over 100c even when CPU/MB were fine. I think this is the same