special collectors' edition of Magic: The Gathering

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy (More info?)

When the first sets of Magic (Alpha/Beta) were still in print, Wizards
released a boxed set containing all the cards printed in a special format.
This set was called the "Collectors' Edition."
From the bottom of the box:

"This special collectors' edition of Magic: The Gathering contains all 302
cards from the original Deckmaster series of playable trading cards. The
complete set is augmented with duplicates of the many land cards, making a
total of 363 cards. These cards are produced in a special collectors' format
with square-cut corners and gold borders. So pick up the Magic: The
Gathering Collectors' Edition and explore the whole world in one box."

No, these cards are not tournament legal. But that doesn't mean they aren't
valuable.

The box has been opened and that's it, never been used, not the slightest
wear or tear, just plain great condition.

Interested in acquiring this unique collectible set? Drop me a line, make me
an offer and I'll let you know!

Greetings to all and happy playing,

Bombolena

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 15:10:36 +0100, Bombolena <Bombolena@skynet.be> wrote:
>When the first sets of Magic (Alpha/Beta) were still in print, Wizards
>released a boxed set containing all the cards printed in a special format.
>This set was called the "Collectors' Edition."

Yes.

>Drop me a line, make me an offer and I'll let you know!

This person is apparently posting separately to some newsgroups, in -addition-
to a massive crosspost to several Magic groups, about half of which didn't
exist. .strategy is not the place for sales, trade, or auction posts, nor for
replies to them following the same topic.

Dave "followups set" DeLaney