Specific game caused Wallpaper Engine to crash and my entire screen to go black.

linkthehylian

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
Hello, there. I'm pretty new to this website so I would appreciate it if someone could help me.

Earlier today, I was playing a Steam game called "Crying is not Enough" while watching a YouTube walkthrough on it. My GPU was residing at 60C (140F) while in most of the games I play that number is incredibly low.

There was a specific part of the game where I knew where to go to progress. So, I tabbed back into the game to hear an error message. So, I alt-tab and find out it's from Wallpaper Engine. Then, the game itself crashes and then my monitor goes black and says "Auto-Adjusting" then says it's being displayed in 640x480 but nothing was being displayed. I wasn't in the mood to deal with something like this, but I was calm the entire time and did what I could. Eventually, my monitor finally displayed my desktop and the game had indeed crashed. I restarted my computer and my desktop loaded fine along with Wallpaper Engine.

I've listed my specs below. But I'm still incredibly curious as to what could have caused this because this is the first time something like this has happened. Every part that is listed below I got in 2017. So, I'm quite skeptical that something's already dying.

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K @4.01GHz w/ Hyper 212 Evo
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB
MB: MSI B150 Gaming M3
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD
HDD: WD Black 2TB
RAM: Kingston HyperX FURY 2133MHz DDR4 16GB (2x8GB)
Case: CORSAIR CARBIDE 100R Mid-Tower Case

Thanks.

linkthehylian

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017

This has only happened once with this specific game. I already asked a couple of my friends and one of them claimed it could've just been a driver bug. I already updated my drivers just to be extra safe.

I also played another game last night for a bit and didn't experience any other issues.