Question Specific headphones not working with phone only

Jun 6, 2019
My headphones stopped working with my phone overnight.
They worked yesterday, won't even get recognised today. No vibration or connected sound plays when i connect my headphone jack.
Headphones work on my desktop and laptop and different headphones work with my phone.

I used a 3.5mm headphone extension cable and the haunted headphones work perfectly fine with my phone, but they won't work without the extension.
wtf...

Other headphones that work are half broken(only one side plays sound) and the extension makes the cable waay too long so i need to get these headphones working with my phone.

I've restarted my phone, i even did a factory reset. All the sound levels are fine, if i play music with these headphones connected trhe sound comes from phone speaker.

There is a connection not being made properly between the headphone and jack, that is clearly shown by the fact the phones work with the extension. The extension makes good contact with the headphones and with the phone so work. Not much you can do here, you can try using some electronic contact cleaner and see if that fixes things. Phone reset would not do anything in this case, it's a physical link issue between the two devices. I am guessing if you pull them out a bit, don't seat them all the way, they will work, or work on one side only.

Jun 6, 2019
I've tried pulling them out slightly or pushing them deepre or against sides, rotated them around, no sign of life, meanwhile on other devices theres no problems.
Also different headphones with identical jack work. Tried cleaning headphone jack, but i don't have anything to clean my phones port.
Mysterious thing that, i tried these headphones with 2 other devices and they work with no problems and i dug out some more old broken earplugs which all work.. Just not these headphones with this phone.

I'm complitely out of ideas.