Specific low performance gaming issues

mkolsen

Honorable
Sep 5, 2017
Hi guys, I've come to u guys today in need of answers, I have just recently bought Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 like so many else, but unlike my friends with lower end systems, I am not very pleased with how it runs :s

I just wanna start of by presenting my system:

GPU: GTX 1080
CPU: I7 7700K
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000Mhz
Mobo: Z170 Asus

Issues:
60-130fps, mostly around 80-100.
Takes about 3-8 seconds to tab in and out of the game, whilst in this black screen of waiting time I cannot talk on discord nor continue to hear music, so it freezes my PC whilst tabbing..
If I scope with a 2x, 3x, 4x or sniper scope and swivel the aim around a little, I drop significantly in FPS (20-40fps)

I could live with this tho, but knowing that my friends can INSTANTLY alt tab out of the game without issues and they are running almost consistently 130+fps with systems weaker than mine, then I know something wrong with my PC, or perhaps the game (?)

If u guys know a fix or have similar issues, please dont hesitate to reply!

Kind regards,
Neslo.

YOu might consider capping your in game framerates to 60 or 90 fps if possible, perhaps you are generating so high a framerate to 1080P, you might be lagging out due to attempting to overwhelm the server with 200 fps updates, etc....

Or, run higher res, highest details/AA if possible ....

mkolsen

Honorable
Sep 5, 2017

GPU ranges from 50-65 degrees
CPU ranges from 55-75 degrees

During the game:
CPU is approx at 70-85% usage
Memory is at 60%
SSD at 20-50% depending on the situation ingame
GPU at 80% aswell

Absolutely not, I run every game as smooth as icecream, but Bo4 im struggling
Fortnite: 110fps at high pressure enviroments
CSGO: 200fps+
Rust: 100fps+ (Rust is usually known for low fps)

PS: This is also in warmup mode, where alot happens and my fps is 70-80 constant (High pressure)
PSS: I have almost 200gb of free space on the SSD

Sep 19, 2018
Swapping between apps AKA tabbing out of game is a CPU/RAM limitation. The more cores and more threads you have at your disposal the easier switching/opening/and closing apps will be if you're using an ssd.

mkolsen

Honorable
Sep 5, 2017

I know, that is why I have never had issues in the past with such things, only Black Ops 4 :s