Specific midi device not working anymore

ninen2001

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2013
Hey guys! So this may not be the correct place to post but I posted on the manufacturer of the device's forum and haven't really gotten a fix, also I believe its a driver issue so yeah. Basically, I have a drum kit thats connected with a normal USB cable. I have had it for a few years and always worked. I recently switched motherboard and CPU and installed a fresh version of Windows 7 Ultimate (which I had before and always have had) and now, suddenly, my computer just won't recieve any midi-signals from the kit. Now, I think it's relevant to post on this forum because I believe it's a driver issue of some sort, at least not to do with the drums itself. The drums are recognized in the Device Manager and are under "Sound, video and game controllers", they are recognized in my digital audio workstation as well but just not receiving input. I tried connecting the drums to my mothers laptop (Windows 10) and that computer recieved midi input. The drums are class compliant and do not require any additional drivers to function. The thing that makes it stranger is that I have a midi keyboard which also connects with USB and also is class compliant and that works fine with my computer, just not the drums, even though the drums are completely functional and works on other computers. I have no clue as to why it doesn't work and I thought maybe it's still relevant enough to post here.

Solution
Well, was pretty unnessecary to post here. Just fixed it after alot of work trying to fix it for days. Uninstalling Intels USB 3.0 driver fixed it. Suddenly getting input from my drums.

ninen2001

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2013
Well, was pretty unnessecary to post here. Just fixed it after alot of work trying to fix it for days. Uninstalling Intels USB 3.0 driver fixed it. Suddenly getting input from my drums.

Solution