Specific monitor for GTX 1070

Raime123

Commendable
Sep 10, 2016
I'm planning on building my first PC and I need an optimized monitor. The PCs focus is gaming & then incorporating streaming later on. Eventually, I plan to get two other 1080p monitors for Twitch chat, etc. My build consists of an ASUS Strix 1070 8GB OC. After reading a few other posts on here about monitor advice, I have narrowed my search.
1. My budget cannot go past $500 & that's pushing it.
2. I want a 27" 16:9 display
3. 1440p rez
4. IPS panel
I would also really like it to be G sync, but I know asking for more is pushing it. I just want a monitor that will fully take advantage of the 1070 card. And I would play a wide variety of games. If I would have to narrow that down I would say open world RPG games (Witcher 3, Skyrim, etc.) I would also like if the reasoning was explained. For instance, what is the best Hz & ms refresh rate to aim for with a 1070 running at 1440p? I know that the GPU will struggle at times & excel at others, so I'm not sure what features to give up to cut prices. Thanks for the help

Solution
1440p monitor is the gold spot, now, if you want high refresh rate is another history. If you want a 1440p 144hz monitor, you will need a GTX 1080.