Specs on Intel Celeron Sandy Bridge CPUs Leaked

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aravind Aarumugam

Distinguished
May 11, 2011
[citation][nom]apache_lives[/nom]The 2.8C Intel P4 NORTHWOOD was better then that 3200+ you had at the time, hell the 2.4C even got some better results.We all forget that although we are educated and aware of how crap the Pentium 4's and Pentium D's BECAME (the northwood was fine if anyone remembers this, prescott/smithfield/cedarmill etc is where it all went wrong with 90nm leakage), millions were still sold and thought highly of, the general public still bought more Intels and used them (alot of people still use them today).[/citation]

That shows how terrible Amd's marketing is. I don't really see that many Vision or fusion ad's compared to intel's ad which appears on newspapers daily :(. Visibly smart eh?!

[citation][nom]kjsfnkwl[/nom]They aren't bringing back the actual chips, just the names.[/citation]

you seriously think i am that stupid? the name alone is from a line of bad CPU's. why did you think dodge gave up the name neon? because everyone knew neon's were crappy cars so they just renamed it to SX or somthing like that

crisan_tiberiu

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
the point is this: the majority of users are home users and gamers. Not many customers are enthusiasts. EVERY CPU (amd intel) can handle todays Gaming and MUltimedia @ very good performance (excuse me..i dont care if i can run a game @ 90 FPS(AMD) or 100 FPS(intel) in many cases the difference is less. ANd trust me, you pay for intels higher performance and u pay alot. I personaly own a Core 2 Duo E 6750 and it was an upgrade from Athlon XP 3000 + (Barthon). The Core 2 Duo and a GTX 460 1 GB can handle every game @ 1920 * 1080, not to mention any other Office or Multimedia task. Probably my next upgrade is going to be Bulldozer (even if its slower then Sandy Bridge) becase i thing that this years upgrade will handle everything in the next 3 years. I think AMD is playing a good card: make the most of your technology, dont make it outdated in 6 months by chaging sockets and arhitecture 2 times a year.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
I also think it's such a great idea to bring back the Celeron brand. As a salesman, I knew back in the years that Celeron wasn't a bad processor per se. It was slower, but cheaper. It suited the average user really well, but it was labeled as "crappy" by the customers. I don't think it has changed much since then.

It was also the time when the heat furnace known as Pentium 4 was paired to the ever-popular RDRAM memory (Rambus). It's no wonder AMD had such a popularity boost back then.

[citation][nom]therealcold187[/nom]Why do they waste time making these slow processors? Amd has this corner as they can't compete with the i5-2500k or the i7-2700k. AMD needs the slower market to stay in buisness as there graphic cards are great but there cpu are just to old and slow. I bet there gpu are faster then there cpu! LOL[/citation]

Why do people keep calling it the 2700K? Its a 2600K.

fir_ser

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
[citation][nom]ivyanev[/nom]They just want to sell their crappy dies instead of throwing them away.[/citation]
Good comment, and it may possibly be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.